Getting Out Of The “Rat-Race”
Are you tired of commuting to a job you hate? Then it is time to consider a change and making the decision is easy once you know;
“What, Where, When and How?”
The exhilaration of firing one’s boss and having the freedom to get out of bed and into your own empire each day is dawning with more and more people each and every day.
Simply not having to start the day commuting or having to sit in clogged up traffic for 2 to 4 hours a day already makes the thought of working for oneself the most desirable of all.
Getting out of the corporate world and the lifestyle associated with it is another consideration. Most people today get up in the morning imposing personal pressure on themselves just to go and do a job which nobody else would do and which they themselves hate with passion but, the truth of the matter is that the majority fall into this flow of life because that is what society require and that is what their ancestors did, which is to work the daily grind for 35 to 40 years just to be forgotten when they hit retirement.
The thought of working for oneself is a marvellous idea and you have decided this is what you want to do with the rest of your life but, the ugly truth is where does one begin?
Not having an idea of what you want to do with this Home Based Business of yours and simply jumping into a well of quicksand is something which can very quickly turn into a nightmare.
Myself I have been dreaming of having an online marketing business for almost 20 years. When the day came that I had the opportunity to start my own “Home Based Online Marketing Business” the tenacity and vigour with which I was soon brought to a screeching halt and woke up from the dream made me realize that jumping on the proverbial bandwagon online was not going to make me a successful businessman overnight and I realized that there were much more involved in building a business online.
Starting a business from scratch already is a huge challenge but starting such a business online brings out even more challenges and the volume of knowledge required to build and create a successful business is enormous in comparison to what one think you know.
Below follow “12 Must Consider Aspects to starting your first Home Based Business.
When considering the founding of your future successful Home Based Business include the following in your “To Do” List.
Quote: The more time you spend contemplating what you should have done… you lose valuable time planning what you can and will do”. Lil Wayne End Quote
12 Pillars To Creating A Successful Home Based Business
1. Determine what it is you Wish to Accomplish. In other words establish a “WHY”?. Many fail in their attempts to start and grow a successful Home Based Business because they simply never set goals and decided where it is they want to go with the business. “Why are you doing what you have set out to do”?
2. Determine the Type of Business you want to create. It is of utmost importance that you decide whether your business is going to be an Online Business or an Offline Business or a combination of the two.
3. Get Organized. Many operations and projects have failed in the past simply because there is no drive to get organized. Every home has some free space available. Organize a place where you can establish an “office”, maybe a small corner in the dining room, a place in the garage, any place where you can put a table or small desk to use as an office. Do not procrastinate on this; the easiest way to start is to get started! You and your family should realize that “work is work” and “home is home”.
4. Determine a Routine. Even though you are working for yourself from home there are certain things that have to be done daily. Determining when you are going to do it is an essential element for success. Although you determine your hours the work that need to be done determine the number of hours and “When” these hours per day are allocated.
5. Determine your Niche. Trust me falling blindly into a pool of dark water could be very hazardous to your overall health. Establishing who you want to address with the product or service you want to render is paramount to success.
6. Determine the Model of Your Home Based Business. Some people have great success in recruiting people; others have success in working one on one. What you have to establish is whether your business is going to be a one man/woman operation or whether you want to get involved in a Multi Level Marketing system. Each has its benefits however, they also have certain limitations. Doing some research before making a final decision on what model you are going to follow could save a lot of time, frustration and disappointment.
7. Determine the solution to a problem. Now is a good time to determine which product or service you are going to provide to your future customers. Remember your overall priority should be to help people who are experiencing a specific problem. Maybe you have your own product or you are excellent in consulting people with a specific need and helping them to satisfy that need or solve their problem. If you do not have a product or service you could make use of Affiliate Marketing to provide the solution to their problem.
8. Acquire the Tools To Develop and Manage Your Business. If you have a computer and a mobile phone and you have established your home “office” you are already halfway through this process. However, if a large portion of your business is going to come via the internet you will need other tools to consider and to obtain. Here we think of things like registering a domain, creating a website, tracking in order to determine where your potential customers came from, autoresponders and various other requirements. Before going head first into signing up to site after site first do some research and find the best hosting, tracking and advertising sites you can. They will be with you for a long time so make sure you get this one right.
9. Register with Payment Processors and Affiliate Networks. This is a very important aspect. Before you go into just signing up to any or all payment processors and affiliate networks think back what exactly it is you want to accomplish. Many people get themselves so cluttered with sites which actually have no purpose for there “WHY” that they get lost in all the bookmarked sites in their web browser. When registering also take time to read through the terms and conditions and make sure that you have a fair idea of what the rules of these sites are and what influence they could or could not have to the success of your business.
10. Determine “HOW” You are going to Promote Your Business. Every business need advertising, whether online or offline. There are many ways of advertising and promoting your business however, some means of advertising work better for certain types of businesses than others. Before just getting into advertising and promoting it is essential that you do some research in this field as well. Before spending $100’s and even $1,000’s on advertising which don’t work take the time and find the advertising tools which would work for your specific Niche. Trying to promote baseballs to football players would not do any good now would it?
11. Get Rid of the Junk. In your progress toward building up this business of yours if there is one thing you should absolutely not overlook it is the following:
• Offline you will find many who will try to talk you into posting an advertisement in their monthly bulletin. Be on the lookout. This could cost you plenty over time without bringing in a return on your investment simply for the reason that your ad is not relevant in relationship to other ads in the bulletin and the audience it is set to address. Avoid this kind of unnecessary cost.
• Online you will come across a multitude of offers promising overnight success and instant riches for a mere $7. These cheap products are the beginning of a process to suck you into a realm in which you will eventually max out your credit card, get into debt and month after month you will sit in agony not knowing where tomorrows food is going to come from. Take extra caution before investing in anything that looks even a little better than good, there are tons of places where you could find a similar product free which will keep the initial costs in establishing your business down.
• If the biggest portion of your business is going to be online specifically, do not get put of or discouraged by the so called experts out there telling you, you won’t make it and you do not have the right mindset. Many of the so-called “gurus” and these “Super Marketers” use this as a tactic to suck you into their world. Toss it off and maintain focus.
• Finally lay the foundation and then build your house. You will come across geniuses who will put up the roof before they have built the walls and then hope to lay the foundation afterwards. One does not build a house without a foundation. Rather spend more time getting yourself organized, doing proper research, and getting all the tools in place to make a success of your business than to jump in, make a few quick bucks and then you find that you are on a dry sandbank in the middle of the ocean all on your own.
12. Legalities and Other Rules. To save yourself hours of frustration and to be sure to understand what the Do’s and Dont’s are take time to read through some of the Terms and Conditions and Rules and Regulations as you signup to sites. Also it is a good idea to address things like Tax Requirements, Affiliate Agreements and things like this.
Trust me sometimes one is in a hurry and then because of a lack of the right information or a shortage thereof you can find yourself in a haven of frustration just for not clicking the right radio button, it happens.
The satisfaction of owning a business which one know you have build from the floor must be something every successful businessman/woman cherish at some point. However, the hurdles, barricades and pitfalls, in achieving this can bring many to a halt before they make that breakthrough to success.
Knowing what to do, how to be aware of the things which can and cannot influence one’s success could bring a much higher success rate than is presently the case.
In your attempt to overcome these hurdles take note of what others have already experienced and learn from that instead of having to go to boot camp over and over.
|After being in the military and part of the corporate world for 37 years I have been pushed into early retirement and decided that this was the time to chase my dream. Read my full bio at http://www.reducethebs.com/aboutus.html
How do you start a successful home-based business? What need to be in your consideration? Find answers to these and other questions visit: Home Based Business – Getting Started at: http://reducethebs.com/wordpress/2017/08/29/home-based-business-getting-started/